Let's Make This Precious

Carping from the sidelines

Saturday, October 14, 2006

...This has Been a Shameless Plugs Promotion!

Are you interested in comics at all? C'mon, not even a little? It's ok, now that they've all been made into movies, comic book heroes are cool, honestly. Anyway, if you are at all interested in comics then you'll want to head over to . They've got all sorts of great stuff, reviews, news, message boards, angry columnists. All the great stuff that you might find in a magazine, except it's on your computer and you don't have to pay for it.

The thing is, I love the site but I can't rave too much, at least not without declaring an interest. You see, they've given me my own column! I am the creator of Freshman Orientation, a bi-weekly comics column that I share with a guy called Ted Hurliman that aims to introduce comics to new readers. Now don't get me wrong. Freshman Orientation isn't an excuse for me to talk down to people. I don't consider myself an almighty expert on the subject. I'm fairly new to comics myself. the idea of my column isn't to patronise, but to share my own experiences. To offer my own tentative steps into the world of comics and graphic novels and hopefully help out those who follow.

So, if you're interested in comics but it all seems a little daunting or you don't know where to begin, maybe Freshman Orientation is for you. Especially if you enjoy any of my writing here on my own mistreated little blog. Just click on the link above, click on 'Columns' at the top of the page and then Freshman Orientation. From there, well, that's up to you. You can read it, praise it, slag it off, follow my advice, laugh at me or ignore me. Just remember, I'll be watching you!*



*Don't worry, that's an empty threat, I can't back that up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter