Let's Make This Precious

Carping from the sidelines

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Burger King Dark Whopper


Hmmmmm, junk food, yummy! Doesn't it look appealing? Just like on the commercials! To, 'celebrate,' the release of Batman film The Dark Night, Burger King have introduced a new burger 'inspired' by the movie. The 'Dark Whopper' is made using black pepper ketchup, black pepper cheese and 'dark' grill sauce.

There is so much wrong with the very concept of burger/movie cross promotion I don't know where to begin and Burger King are already in my bad books for the horribly crass product placement in the Iron Man movie. But I found myself wishing I had been a fly on the wall when somone told The Dark Night's co-writer and director Christopher Nolan about this new product:

"Wow, you were inspired to great a whole new menu item by my movie? Well jeez, I guess that's kinda flattering but let me see now...this is a movie about power and corruption, about madness and redemption, fear and hope. It's full of violence and romance and drama. What on Earth kind of crazy burger did you come up with based on all that?"
"Errrrm, well, we kinda used more black pepper than usual." It's inspiring stuff isn't it? Those Burger King chefs really are artists in their own right. Next up I wanna see, The Dark Whopper Returns, the movie inspired by the burger inspired by The Dark Night. Surely it's the next logical step?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter