Let's Make This Precious

Carping from the sidelines

Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Cider Diaries-3/1/09

Now, for obvious reasons, not every entry in this diary is going to be written on the same date that features in the heading. For example, I was in no fit state when I got home yesterday to write up the evening's events. So I caught up with it earlier this evening. However, I am writing this current entry on the sofa in Fog's house as we chill out and drink our 8th cider of the year.

We are listening to music on Emma's Ipod and watching music television with the sound turned down. Our friend Gerraint is keen for me to point out that The Rolling Stone's song Paint it Black synchs up extremely well with Eric Prydz' Call on Me video. "Put that in your blog!" he's told me. It's not strictly relevant but what the hell.

I bought the current cider from an off-licence on my way home from work. There's a corner shop across the road from Fog's house and Co-op directly opposite my place but if we try all the ciders those two places sell in January then we'll struggle later in the year when we're too lazy to try further afield. So...

8. Orchard Valley Dry Cider

This cider is nicer than I was expecting. I've never been a fan of drinks that are too dry and with Dry in the name of this one I wasn't very hopeful of enjoying this. Luckily, it isn't nearly as dry as the name implies. In fact it's actually quite pleasant. Fog describes it as 'user friendly'. Two pints each. No lying in the street tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter